Twitter Update

Why Follow this Blog?

You're a parent or a spouse looking for a place to openly discuss the challenges of your role without being judged. Let's discuss the topics your single friends know nothing about.

When does lack of sex kill a marriage?

To the Ladies:  Ok, you've had a couple of kids and your body isn't exactly what it used to be.  Despite that, you've worked out pretty hard, done your best, and your husband has never looked at you with more desire than he is right now.  What's stopping you from actually being a woman again?  Why can't you ever feel sexy again?  And even if you think you look like an elephant, how do you not recognize the high value your man places on sex and try to make something work?

To the Gentlemen:  How long will you deal with a wife who has zero sexual interest in you?  More than that, when you crawl into bed and put your hands on her, she grabs them and thrusts them away.  You have kids with her, share a life with her, still love her, but no sex.  Ok, not no sex, maybe worse.  The two times a month that she does tolerate sex with you, she looks like she's building a shopping list in her head.

What the hell do I do?

5 comments:

Thembekile said...

Ladies try to give both the kids attention, but involve the bigger kid keep clean and neat, that hand brush as u making him tea and gripe water for the little one is more than inviting. THere is nothing much u can do if love is ansent from the start.

24*hr*woman said...

Some women may push away their partners from being intimate not because they are not interested in their man but because they are self aware of there newly found inperfections and just don't feel that confident about their physical self anymore. She knows her man love her but she must first come to terms with loving her self otherwise she will stay secluded from the partnership. She may be doubting her self because she feels she can not be how she used to be. After a woman has children her whole view on life changes. If everything elce is fine and the sex-life is the only thing lacking attention then it may not have anything to do with with the partner. It may be just a lack of variety in their everyday life and sex life. She may also feel unapreciated when gives her all. A simple reminder every now and then should fix this, and eventuly she will gain back her confidence in the bed.

LoopyDoopyShmoopy said...

OMg what a topic for me LoL. Geesh where do I begin??? Welp I was 32 when diagnosed with cancer. I am a survivor of 9 going on 10 years now! Had to have surgery when my last child was 11 months old. I had a hystorectomy at 32. Just the cervix and uturis. I am not a great speller as you will see lol but anywho. Sex was still pretty good. Of course not like it was when I had all my parts but I still had my ovaries but then a few years ago I had developed a tumor on one of my ovaries (25cm) Had it removed in which they had to take my ovaries sooo their went the hormones. Going to be 42 with almost all my children are teens and should be a really great time for me and my husband as to we don't have to worry about getting pregnant & all I want to do is NOTHING! He on the other hand still would want it 3 times a day. Now I worry more about Night Sweets & Hot flashes and aging rather quickly. Does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous said...

I suggest you have a conversation with your wife at a time when you are not expecting sex. Tell her you miss that aspect of your relationship and want to know how she is feeling and what you can do as a couple to get back your sex life. Don't make her feel guilty. Just as you are entitled to feel frustrated, she is entitled to whatever she is feeling that is causing her to shut you down.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I both recognize the lack of intimacy/sex in our lives since our second child was born. We didn't had any, not even once since I found out that I was pregnant to my second. As a woman I still have desires and needs that I need to suffice, but everytime I try to encourage my husband to have sex with me , I felt like I've been rebuked. Well, that only made me think that he is not interested in me anymore because I gained few more weight... Or sometimes I think that it's because of his religion, he is a Muslim.

Post a Comment

Share